Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Aug 30, 2015 - My missionary life

Baseball:
This week we played baseball. Wow it's been so long. I can't believe
how much I've missed it. It's a little different than softball ,but I
still had the same "ahhh" feeling. We played with some ward members
and man I guess I had a lot of stress of something because when I was
batting I really didn't hold back! It felt so good to run around the
bases. It was just so good to play with a worn in glove. After we
played, some of the ward members told me "good batting". It felt so
good to play and bat.

Typoon:
I always have the worst luck I swear! So this week. There was a typoon
last p-day I considered buying some rainboots but I thought nah I'll
be fine -_- I'm just unlucky! Anyways my companion and I tried to go
visit an investigator we walked down this hill with our umbrellas( and
wearing our rain jackets) the wind and water beat down on us and I
just kept saying "it's the winds of adversary!" I was pretty much
yelling it because the rain was so loud that we couldn't hear each
other. Each step was so difficult, it felt like pulling your foot out
of knee deep mud. But onward we went. Finally we made it to the
woman's home. We knocked on the door and her son answered. He told us
she was sleeping. He shut the door and didn't come back. My companion
and I looked at the door then at each other and we just were think
"ahhh well that's a bummer" we whipped out our umbrellas once more and
trudged to church because we were going to have a lesson soon. We
arrived at the church and stripped off our completely soaked jackets
and hung them to dry for later then we had our lesson. Our
investigator told us how she just thought satan was so strong and that
she just think she could overcome some of her problems.(she's about
the get baptized soon) for some reason I thought I should talk about
the typoon to her. Well I did. I said " the typoon was really strong
today" she gave me a weird look. " the typoon was really strong today
,but we went out and tried to teach people. Because that's our job
,but we had our umbrellas and raincoats. It was still hard ,but we
could do it. Just like the typoon satan is strong and he won't let up
,but you have an umbrella and raincoat. That's Jesus Christ, us, the
ward members and scriptures. It's going to be hard ,but you can do
it." Her face lit up when she made the connection. It was cool to see
her kinda recognize something she already knew.

Spiritual thought:
Ether 4
19 And blessed is he that is found faithful unto my name at the last
day, for he shall be lifted up to dwell in the kingdom prepared for
him from the foundation of the world. And behold it is I that hath
spoken it.
^ I don't have any profound thoughts on this ,but I just like this. :)

Well love yall!

Love,
Fullmer shimai








No comments:

Post a Comment