Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 17, 2015

Aug 17, 2015 - New area!

Hello people! I am in Kitarokko! The people here are so nice! I love
the ward. They are always so kind to me and my companion and the dendo
Fire is strong here I love it.

So Kitarokko is up in the mountain is an hour bus ride from my old
area and a long time ago it used to be the same ward ,but they split
and a majority of the people are now here and go to this church. I am
really excited to be and working with my new companion. Yes, she is
Japanese. No she doesn't speak any English. It's fun though we laugh a
lot and I am getting really good at gesturing. The ward is huge! It
has about 100 people and a lot of little kids. Gosh Japanese kids are
probably the cutest. Since the other missionaries here are either
Japanese or halfs, I stick out like a sore thumb. The little kids just
stare at me with wide eyes and I wave at them and they get all shy.
It's so cute!

Primary:
On Sunday, we went to primary just randomly and they said hey can yall
talk about families. I had no idea what to say I just followed my
companion. I was so nervous. My Japanese isn't great and I usually
study that day for lessons this was just on the spot. We got in there
and my companion talked for a bit and then she turned to me. I was
probably shaking I was so nervous. Then out of no where I started
talking.. I honestly don't remember what I said. No it wasn't a
profound thought or anything. It was just a simple testimony about
families. My heart was so full of joy and I could just feel the spirit
so strong. My little testimony wasn't in perfect Japanese.. But I can
say I know what I was saying is true. I am so thankful for my family I
can't image what I would do without them.

Here's some pictures:
I found a frog :) we went up mount rokko... Elders yes elder ani was
taking a selfie








No comments:

Post a Comment