Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 23, 2015 - My missionary life

New apartment, new area, new companion. Opening an area is fun, but wow it is so stressful! I guess I had just gotten so use to my bean area that change really through me off. We were so busy this week. So my new area is in the mountains. I'm not kidding. There are times when cars are passing by us on these really long highways and I always think "hmm this is probably not safe". Probably really interesting to see 2 young girls in skirts bike up these mountains along side cars.. Usually I'm about 5 inches from speeding cars. When I first got here, my district leader welcomed me by saying "welcome to kitarokko! Your legs are gonna get so big!" 

Eikaiwa: 
So my last area English class was so relaxed. It was either me and 1 or 2 kids and we would just play games and have a good time. And if the kids didn't come I would help teach the beginners class. Very relaxed. This week the elders told me " oh you can't teach the kids class". I was so excited  because I thought it would be the same. Where I would just teach a few kids and we would play some games. Oh man I was dead wrong. I walked in and there were 16 kids and 3 moms too. 16 kids that don't speak the same language and my companion is Japanese so I am the only one teaching. At first the were super quiet, but as they started to relax... It got so crazy. There were kids on the floor and on the tables kids screaming and I just hopelessly tried to teach them the alphabet. After an hour of pure chaos, class ended. I must had looked exhausted at that point. I love kids ,but that was just so hectic. I think I'm teaching them again ,but I really really don't want to. So ya eikaiwa is scary now..

This week: 
So my area is definitely a housing area. I've heard so many funny excuses why people can't hear our message or if they tell us to go away here are a few "I can't because my leg is bad" "my mom is in the shower" "it's hot outside" " go away" *holds up arms likes an x and walks away* "nooooo!" And lots lots more. So after hours of no's it doesn't really phase you anymore. Well on last week we decided to maybe pray specifically where we needed to go. We prayed and just went on our way. We felt prompted to go up this hill and knock on a door. Well that person told us to go away. We did a whole block and nothing. However, we continued to housing because that's all we can do. We got to one house, and someone answered from the second floor. She opened her window and Said hello. I asked her if she believed in God. And she said yes. She then ran down the stairs and out the front door. We taught her a lesson and she told us she always wanted to come to the church ,but she didn't know if she was allowed. My comp and I wear like what.... This isn't happening! We got her address and phone number and we should be having another lesson soon! 

Spiritual thought:
3 Nephi 11: 
5 And again the third time they did hear the voice, and did open their ears to hear it; and their eyes were towards the sound thereof; and they did look steadfastly towards heaven, from whence the sound came.
^ every time I read this scripture I always pause at the words "and did open their ears to hear it". Not only do we have to ask the lord for guidance ,but we also have to be willing to open our ears to hear. He can try and to guide us ,but if we have all these distractions it becomes harder and harder to open our ears to hear him. 

Well I love y'all! Have a great week!

Love,
Fullmer shimai 



No comments:

Post a Comment