Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 3, 2015

Aug 3, 2015 - My missionary life

Hello all! It's starting to get pretty hot here in Japan... When we
had our last zone conference our mission president told us that 9
people had been hospitalized that week due to the weather. That was a
couple a weeks ago when it was starting to get hot. I didn't know hot
until I got to Japan. I don't think a day has gone by where I am not
dripping. One of the church members told me I looked like I just took
a shower every time she sees me. Well it's kinda like a shower.

This was fun! I went on a companionship exchange(Kokan) with my sister
training leaders. I went with strong shimai. This is her last transfer
so her Japanese is really good! Well my first night with her we did
some Streeting and talked to this one lady named samosan. We invited
her to come to church and she said yes! And she came and stayed all 3
hours! <- but that was after the Kokan. So back to the Kokan... The
next day we did some more contacting to build up our investigator
pool. Strong shimai had me go talk to this one lady and it went pretty
well. After the lady left. Strong shimai said "oh wow! You understand
a lot!" I laughed and said " I have no idea what we talked about. I
was just pretending like I understood.." Strong shimai was surprised
so I think I'm pretty good at pretending like I know what's going on.
Yay!

Sorry I don't have a lot to write about this week. I'm just really
tired and I don't remember much from this week.

Spiritual thought:

17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children;
nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
^ I use this scripture a lot when I talk to people because it is
simple ,yet true. We don't know everything and we won't ever know
everything, but one sure fact that we do know is that God loves us.
And he will always love us no matter what.

We'll have a great week y'all! Sorry it's so short!

Love,
Fullmer shimai


No comments:

Post a Comment