Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sept 6, 2015 - My missionary life

So it's just another week in Japan. Have I ever said how beautiful
Japan is? Well if I haven't it really is a beautiful country. It has
all kinds of cultural things in it and the land itself is just so
beautiful.

 This week we did some finding. Well lots of finding. I asked my
companion if housing like going door to door for like salesmen is
normal. She said no. Apparently we are kinda weird to people, it's not
normal for people to come to your house and try and talk about God. I
guess that's the same every where though right? I think about what we
are doing and when I think about it ,it really is amazing. 18 and 19
year old kids go some where in the world (without knowing that
country's language) with a rule book, our scriptures and faith in God
and we are told to go find people to teach and baptize. The great
thing is we do it. We aren't forced to serve missions. We don't really
have to come out here and give 1 year and a half or 2 years to God.
Well then why do so many of us do? Because we love God. The short time
I've been out here has taught we so much about my Savior and my Father
in Heaven. I am trying through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement
to help other people come unto Christ. I might not even see any
success ,but I know that this in the Lord's work. We are all God's
children and he wants the best for us. Which is why I'm here to help
my brothers and sisters realize that they are children of God.

I am extremely happy to say that  one woman we have been
teaching for a while is getting baptized. I am incredibly happy for her
to baptized. She is a wonderful woman and I know that this gospel will
bless her life so much.

Mosiah 18:9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea,
and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as
witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places
that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God,
and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have
eternal life.

^i read this this morning and it just hit my heart. To me, this is a
true disciple of Christ. We help those in need and stand as a witness
of God. Incredibly powerful words. When I read this I thought about my
life and whether or not I have always been a witness of God. I know I
messed up a few times ,but that's okay because through the Atonement I
try again and learn from the past. I love this gospel so much because
I know that through it we can find lasting joy and happiness.

I love all of you and hope you have a splendid week!

Love,
Fullmer shimai




No comments:

Post a Comment