Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 14, 2015

Sept 14, 2015 - My mission

Hello lovely people!

This week was interesting. It's starting to cool down. I guess the
cool weather helps people become a little bit kinder. Of course they
still tell us to "go away", but it's a little bit of a softer "go
away".

Friday night we had dinner with some members. The couple was just a
cute couple. The wife was really bouncy and tiny and the the husband
is this tall lanky interesting guy ,but they just work! She kept
saying "oh you two are beautiful!" To my companion and I. And her
husband said "the 3 of you are beautiful." She laughed and called him
a liar. It was so adorable! We asked them how they met and I learned a
new Japanese word 一目惚れ (ひとめぼれ)(hitomebore). Love at first sight. She
said that for her that's what it was. We thought it was adorable. This
couple was just so cute.

Sunday we had a baptism. Last week I was asked to share a thought... I
was so incredibly nervous for it. I wasn't sure what to share and I
had been trying to prepare all week. Saturday night rolled around, To
say the least I was extremely stressed out. I had written and
rewritten the talk a couple of times and studied scriptures and all
kinds of talks ,but I seemed to hit a block of what actually needed to
be said. I prayed and for guidance because I didn't know what to
share. After my prayer, I looked up and saw a quote that I always have
in front of me. I felt like I should share that quote. Only problem
was I had to translate it to Japanese and it was a bit difficult. I
ended up finding it in a talk and luckily for me there was a Japanese
translation and my companion reads kanji ,so she wrote it out for me
in Romaji ,so I could read it. She checked my talk too because I asked
her to. She happily corrected it for me and the morning of I practiced
over again. I spoke before the baptism and it went really well.

Baptism! So we've been teaching her just this transfer ,and she was
preparing to get baptized when we got here. She is a quiet timid woman
,but she is very kind and she was so excited to be baptized. After her
baptism she was in tears and she was just so happy. It's almost like
we saw a whole new person. It was really cool to hear her simple testimony
and just see her glowing.

Funny story: well kinda a funny story. So in this ward there is one
Japanese man who intimidates me. He's just the stereotypical Japanese
man with very few emotions and his face is always serious. I don't
think I've seen him smile once since I've been here. So anyway, he
came up to me after the talk and told me my pronunciation was very
good. He said it sounded like a Japanese person... :D yay! The most
intimidating person complimented my Japanese! I was so happy about
that!

Spiritual thought:

If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest
times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the
right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus
Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. We never need to
feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service because we
never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels
on our left and our right to bear us up. And He always keeps His word.
-Henry B. Erying (General Conference April 2012 "Mountains to Climb")
^this is the quote I shared at the baptism

Love all of you!

Love,
Fullmer shimai













No comments:

Post a Comment