Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 23, 2015

Nov. 23, 2015 - Red scarf, red hat, red face

Thursday

Today I had the great joy of going to the dentist. Apparently they found another cavity. I hate the dentist he does all kinds of weird things! He dug out my tooth so right now I have a temporary filling. Their methods are way weird too. He melted something and then he put it in my tooth. I saw smoke coming from my tooth from what ever he did. Gosh I hate the dentist. I have to go back again next Thursday. So after that we went to aity to buy some chocolate for Suzuki shimais daughter's birthday. On the way over there. We saw Suzuki shimai. She ran after us and said shimai! I have a question! And we were like okay ya what? And she pulled out the chocolate cake recipe  I gave her and started asking all kinds of questions. She's such a cute lady! Probably the cutest lady in the ward. I love Suzuki shimai so stinking much.  So we went to the church and suzuki shimai had brought her oven to the church and all kinds of ingredients too. So we had agreed to help her make a cake for her daughter ,So we made a cake. It kinda worked ,but at the same time it didn't really work that well. We had too much batter so it rose over the top and burnt. And then the middle was uncooked ,but we made it work. After we finished the cake she invited us and the elders over to her house. We were a bit surprised so we biked all the way over there and were so tired when we got there. The most adorable thing ever is that she set up her dining room like a restaurant and there is a menu and some paper you can order the food on.  So we jokingly ordered food and she gave us a lot of curry and by a lot I mean a lot! Man I was so stuffed and then she gave us udon curry. And then a yogurt treat and then after ice cream and chocolate. I was beyond stuffed. My body hurt so much. They always stuff us so full of food. If I knew we were going to eat at her house, I wouldn't have eaten breakfast or lunch. We shared part of the first lesson with her and her son

Friday
Today we had district meeting. After we all went out to eat, While there our Japanese district leader takahashi choro told us if he was a sister missionary, he would be "stylish" and have "pretty shoes" and "pretty clothes" and "do the makeup" and have "nice hair" I think he's trying to tell us something. Hmm.. I don't think I'm going to change anytime soon.  Today we biked around a bit and we got to this crosswalk and a couple was walking across the street they weren't Japanese. So we were saying hey look gaijin! And they waved at us and said "sister missioanries!" And then the man said "shimai senkyoshi I served here!" We talked to them and it turns out that he served here in 2006 and he and his wife are from Texas about 2 hours from where I live. So cool! 

Sunday

Red scarf red hat red face. So a reoccurring thing in my mission is me choosing to own red things like my bike is red I got a red jacket from my past companion, and I just pick red things now like my hat and scarf.  We had normal church and the Hamada family came which is good because we had visited them recently they only came for sacrament ,but they came! After sacrament, I had to teach gospel principles. I hate teaching gospel principles. It's not that I don't know the gospel ,but it's more that I don't know the deep deep things yet. I didn't study the doctrine before my mission as much as I should have. I really just graduated from young women's so teaching 40+ aged people about doctrine I don't really know well in Japanese is really really hard. Today the topic was on exaltation or in Japanese "shōhe" So my companion can't help me at all because she doesn't really know what's going on so I told her she could just sit and try to understand. I got up there and struggled through the lesson. Then everyone started asking questions about exaltation. I don't know. The first question was why kind of place is heaven? "My response was "a good place, a wonderful place, somewhere you want to to go" they said "no what kind of place what can you do there? Well Uhhh... I don't even know how to answer that in English let alone Japanese. I have never been to heaven ,so I'm not sure how to explain it because i don't really know how to explain that. I stood up there just turning red and trying to hold back tears because I had no idea what was being talked about. There was awkward moments of silence and I had no idea what to say or do so I asked the class in anyone had any questions. Bad idea. Suzuki shimai came up with great questions ,but I had no idea how to answer them. One was do we age in heaven? and the other was  what does heavenlook like? Uhhh I have no idea. And I said I don't know and yokochan put something in on her phone in English so I would understand -_- and the translate said "grow up" yes I understood that ,but I really don't know what happens in heaven or what it looks like. Ahhh it was awful.  My face was bright red the whole class it probably matched my scarf. I just kept looking at my watching my watch just praying that the class would go fast because it felt like an eternity of me floundering trying to teach everyone. I hate teaching Sunday school...After class I went and took a quick break and just sat down in the bathroom stall in the corner just to kinda take a breath and destress right before relief society. We went to relief society and it was fine.. But I was just so tired from teaching that lesson. Even now if you ask me what exaltation is I can't give you a good answer because I don't really know. I don't know a lot of things but I do know this church is true even if I can't explain the really hard things. 


Spiritual thought: 

Jacob 4:7 
Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things. 
^ weakness aren't necessarily a bad thing, not only can our weaknesses become our strengths ,but they can help us turn to God and learn to do things through God and through his great and infinite  power. 

We found this orange temple thing and that's the couple that found us we decorated a door for Christmas too! 





No comments:

Post a Comment