Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Jan 25, 2016 - White Toyooka











Well the snow has hit Toyooka. I guess I'm warm blooded or maybe now a
Scrooge ,but  when I see the snow fall I'm not too excited. It's
beautiful and wonderful yes, but I can't say I love it very much. It
was snowing pretty hard on Sunday morning and I said "Holy cow
blizzard!" My companion laughed and said "no it's not, if you couldn't
see that pole over there then it would be a blizzard." Well if you
have a hard time seeing the pole is it a blizzard? I'm still convinced
it was a blizzard. But yes it was snowing very hard ,so we don't bike
anymore ,because it's extremely dangerous to bike now.

Fun thing about the snow though, you can throw snow balls at the
elders. Yes I hit sugimoto choro with a lot of snow. We had been
cleaning up the church on Sunday for church and all the missionaries
were shoveling snow after church ended and he acted like we was going
to throw snow at us in the shovel ,so when he turned around I got him
good. Then it turned into a snow ball fight. With the rest of us.
T'was fun.

Last Monday I bought new boots. Just in time for the snow fall! I've
got this system down with gloves, so I have a bunch of extra pairs
that I found and we don't have dryers so you just have to wait for
your clothes to dry ,so I do 2 pairs of gloves everyday and then at
the end of the day, when they are pretty wet I change gloves for the
next day. It works pretty well.

So Monday night we went to Kobe for TTT (Trainee, trainer, training).
We got to the Kobe sisters apartment and we met some other sisters who
were also staying there on the way over, turns out just about everyone
was told by their zone leaders to stay in Kobe. The final count for
sisters was 15... 15 sister missionaries in a 1 room apartment
squished into the study and bedroom. It was fun except when it was
time to go to bed because the. They we had to squish in there. It was
so packed that I was pushed up against a wall with someone's feet
inches from my face. I don't think I slept. I just kinda waited until
it was morning ,but I got to see Gibson shimai! My last companion! She
is also trying ,so we were pretty much latched at the hip that night
and the next day. Gosh I love that girl.

Tuesday

TTT we had out meeting most of the day where they split the trainers
in one room and the trainees in the other. And we got trained ,by the
assistants to the president and then by our mission president. I got
to see another past companion uchida shimai! She looked so happy and
it was so fun to see her. I laughed with her and talked with her and I
was telling her hey I speak Japanese now! And she laughed and told me
I did when I was with her. After training we walked back to train
station with the fukuchiyama elders because I am directional impaired
when traveling far distances I latch on to people going to the same
general direction ,so we went with them because we would catch a train
from fukuchiyama. The poor trainer was battling strep and so he was
half out of it. I told him "don't worry if you fall we will catch" We
got our tickets at the bus station then we had to sit and wait for a
bit. I thought what would I want if I was sick.. Well something warm
and something for my throat, so I grab my comp and we went to this
place that we know sells good nikumons (little bread things with meat
and goodness inside) and then found some cough drops and yuzu juice
(lemon like fruit) that was warm and ran back to the elders, when we
gave the elders the food he had got them the trainee said " wow, I
just feel so loved!" We safely got on the bus and his trainer was out
when he sat down. We parted ways at the station and we caught a train
to Toyooka as we came in it was snowing hard. We got in and I was a
bit worried. We walked out bikes back and because biking was
impossible. From here on out we are walking. We got home pretty late
and we pulled at the phone and turns out we had a lot of missed calls
from the zone leaders. We called back and they were saying "did you
guys make it home? Are you okay?!" We said "ya we're fine," " (sigh of
relief) good! I don't mean to be your dad, but you guys need to answer
when we call! It's snowing pretty bad tonight!" We apologized and then
headed off to bed because we were so tired!

Wednesday
We went out and visited some of our potential investigators, they were
all asleep I think. Ya probably sleeping maybe everyone just likes
afternoon naps. We had to go back to Kobe again because on Thursday we
have another meeting with elder choi he's one of the area 70 and there
was a mission tour! So we had to go back to Kobe. As we left it snowed
pretty hard. We got to Kobe and it was just us at the Kobe sisters
apartment, yay!

Thursday
So we had the elder choi meeting! It was awesome. He's from Korea ,but
his English is almost  We all took a huge picture with him, when he
walked in the first words he said to us was "do you think I'm
handsome?" We all laughed and said  "yes". "Good I think so too." He
replied. Our mission tour was really cool, we learned a lot about what
we need to do and how we need to do it. They really put a huge
emphasis on teaching repentance and baptizing people. One thing I
loved was "if you don't know what to say talk about the savior because
you can never talk about him too much.. Always have you name on your
lips"after our lunch 3 people got an interview with elder choi. I was
one of the 3. I was beyond nervous. But it was really cool and I got
good advice for some Questions that I had and he told me how I could
go about doing it. After the meeting we went to nishiwaki to stay the
night there, we got there with some time so we tried to find some
people in the area. We didn't have much luck and when it was time to
go we went to the apartment, we got In and as I was stepping inside I
tripped over the stair and fell on up the stairs because I was
exhausted. My comp freaked out and some of the other sisters did too,
see I would have been fine except I had a huge bag on my back because
of all the traveling so I had no balance. I was fine and I am fine I
just got a narly bruise now.

This week we visited a woman named Sugiyama. She's got this glow and I
am convinced she is one of the nicest women I have ever met, but we
found her on accident. We were looking for a less active members house
and we stopped in front of her house and she had came out thinking we
had a flat tire and she wanted to help ,but she helped us find the
way. We had visited her before and gave her a plan of salvation
pamphlet and decided to visit her again. We went to her house and she
opened the door just smiling she came back with our pamplet and showed
us the copy that she had made herself with highlight marks in it she
told us she made her own ,so we could give it to someone else. We
talked a lot about the plan of salvation and she said she didn't
understand the part about heaven we explained and explained ,but she
said that she just didn't get it. I testified about Christ and about
his atonement and about how since we are not perfect we cannot go to
heaven unless we believe in him and use his atonement. We taught her
how to pray and she got really quiet after. She said she would pray
everyday and she is really really just awesome!

"There is no lasting happiness in what we possess. Happiness and joy
come from what a person is, not from what he or she possesses or
appears to be."(how to find joy). You know I've met a lot of sour
people not just in my mission ,but just in life. And I used to wonder
why are they that way? Maybe something bad happened this morning, but
honestly no matter what happens you can always choose to be happy.
Happiness isn't something we just get, we have to choose to be happy
and then we actually become happy. The happiest people I have met are
the ones who went through the hardest things. So friends choose to be
happy! I promise it's probably the best choice you'll ever make!

Loves,
Fullmer shimai

Here's some pictures, for bean shimai and the rest of you who just
scroll to the bottom!

Got in a fight with the stairs and they won









No comments:

Post a Comment