Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 5, 2015 - My missionary life

Hello all! Just another week in Nishinomiya.

It seems that we are getting into typoon season. Don't get me wrong I
love the rain ,but it makes it hard to contact people. Most people
don't like to stand out in the rain and talk they kinda just want to
get going.

Okay ,so I have my second companion! She is awesome! Her name is
Chapman shimai. She speaks 4 languages. French is her first language,
however her English is very good. So we communicate via Jenglish (mix
of Japanese and English) if I say something in English and she doesn't
know what I'm talking about I try and say it in Japanese and the point
kinda gets across.yes it's a little difficult sometimes but that's
okay because I know she is ready to work!

Okay housing. So this week we did a little housing. I prefer street
contacting because then you are face to face and they don't just hang
up on you, but we decided to try housing then street contacting. So it
was pouring rain like always and I we ping ponged a huge house. The
woman said hold on a minute and hung up. I was a little confused. Then
she walked outside and down her driveway to meet us. I think she was
maybe 70ish years old. she walked down to us and started talking
really really fast. I still don't know very much Japanese ,but I can
understand a lot more now, but with this woman.. Ahh I don't know what
she was going on about. The she said the word "doll" (Japanese) and I
was so confused! Then she said "cute dolls" and came up to me and
squeezes my checks and they I put two and two together. She said we
looked like cute dolls and wanted to come talk to us. Gaijin power!
(Foreigner) she ranted one bout having her own religion and her kids
going to a Christian college. She just wanted to talk because we are
gaijin. Ahh old Japanese people are the best!

Spiritual thought:

Mosiah 4:19
19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the
same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both
food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches
which we have of every kind?
^ I read this scripture this morning and for some reason it really
stood out. We really all are beggars. In God's eyes we are all at the
same level. We all ask for things from God ,but do we ever take the
time to thank him for what we already had? We challenged a less active
to make a list of 50 small things she was thankful for. We did the
challenge with her. When I made my list I came to realize how much I
have been blessed with and began to wonder have I offered a prayer of
gratitude or have I been asking for things. Don't get me wrong asking
is great! Don't stop asking for help or blessings ,but we (especially
me) have to remember that we already have wonderful blessings even if
it's just the tiny things. Ok so my challenge for all of you this week
is to give a prayer that is just of gratitude. Thank Heavenly Father
for even the tiny things. I promise if you do that you will see all
the things in your life that you have been blessed with!

I love y'all! Have a greattt week!

Love,
Fullmer shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment