Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015 - My missionary life

Hello all sorry that I didn't email earlier. We were in Osaka! We went to meet some other missionaries to go to the Pokemon center! Wow talk about a lot of Pokemon and a lot of random things that I don't need ,but now have! Sorry everyone if you dint get email responses I just don't have a lot of time so I'm only going to send out this email sorry! 

Okay this week I learned a new word. Taifu... It means typhoon. Talk about a lot of rain and wind! It started a couple days ago it's done now ,but man it was scary. And we don't really have cars here ,so we bike in that. You know pictures where the rain is up to people's knees yes that's the kind of storm we biked in. When we biked I could feel the wind push me back. It took us almost an hour to get home when we were really close. I am so thankful I got rain boots and that my mother got me a nice raincoat. Thanks mom!

Ok miracle: so we biked home after a long day of Streeting in the taifu weather. We got home a little bit before planning. We were completely exhausted from biking and just the day in general so we were about ready to collapse. Man I was so tired. Anyways, we walk to our apartment and my companion tries to pull out her keys. Guess what she doesn't have. We lost the keys! So my comp started to get a little upset saying things like "don't be mad at me! I'm so sorry! Im so sorry!" I could tell she was getting really upset to a point to where she might cry. I wasn't upset at all. I just thought "cool sleep over at that church!" So we went around to the back of the apartments and see if we could scale the building. We live on the second floor and so maybe we could get in thru our window. It was a bit dangerous though and I figured my parents wouldn't like to get a call from Japan saying "is this Sister Fullmer's parents... Well she kinda fell from her apartment and broke her leg ,so she has to come home now." So I thought probably not a good idea. We walked to the front and sat and then prayed. After our prayer, we thought about our options 1- sleep at the church 2- scale the building 3- possibly spend the night at a members home. Then we called welch shimai( presidents wife). She said that they had an extra key in Kobe ,so that meant we had to brace the taifu again and bike 20ish minutes to the nearest train station then run to the home office then come back. I was like ok we're coming. We emptied out all our stuff and I just kept praying and praying please help us find these keys I know we have them. I got the impression to check my pocket one more time. I already checked it ,but i figured what's wrong with checking one more time. So I checked and they were there. You might be thinking "oh you just didn't check your pocket" or " it was there the whole time". I did not have the keys at all that day. My companion hangs on to them because she is the senior companion. She DID NOT give me the keys. It doesn't make any logical sense how they got in my pocket. That my friends was a miracle. Right then and there in the pouring rain we knelt and gave a prayer of gratitude because we both knew that the Lord had given us this miracle. It was a really cool experience even though it was just a small thing. It still boosted my testimony. 

Spiritual thought 
Moroni 10:19
19 And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that he is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that all these gifts of which I have spoken, which are spiritual, never will be done away, even as long as the world shall stand, only according to the unbelief of the children of men.
^ I read this this morning. I just like it because it's true he is the same forever and always! 

Sorry! I have no time! 

Love you all 

Love,
Fullmer shimai 





No comments:

Post a Comment