Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29, 20 - My missionary life

Hello all. I am staying this transfer in Nishinomiya. Sadly, my
companion is leaving me. Funny thing, my companion and I are just
switching companions. Here's the kicker... They are both native French
speakers. My new companion is from Tahiti. Bean shimai's companion is
from Canada. So my Japanese isn't the greatest, so this will be an
interesting transfer that's for sure. I am nervous ,but Bean shimai
told me that Chapman shimai knows some English so it shouldn't be too
bad!
This week we had 3 investigators come to church. Which is good! It was
really awesome and I think that they felt the spirit. We extended the
invtation to be baptized to one investigator she said she wants to be
baptized but she has to talk to her dad and see what he says he
doesn't know that she's taking the lessons with the missionaries ,so
we're praying everything works out!

Today: I met a woman my dad gave a Book of Mormon 26 years ago. Her
name is Yoko Ikegami. She did not want anything to do with religion
and she used to kinda stand her ground and say I don't need religion.
My dad and his companion elder "kanji" smith prayed that morning and
felt inspired to go to her apartment. She was on the 9th floor. They
gave her a Book of Mormon and she called them later that week and said
she did not need it.they went and visited her and she kept her Book of
Mormon. She became an Aikaiwa student because she always fought back
with the missionaries saying she didn't need the religion in her life.
She did not talk to my dad at English class only elder smith because
he was her teacher. A couple weeks later my dad was transferred. She
did not join the church until 3 years later. She has been an active
member since the day she joined the church. She married in the temple
and she had a son. He might be serving a mission after he finishes
college. Her husband used to be the bishop in the himeji ward(now
released). She wants to serve a couple mission after her son finishes
college. She was incredibly happy to meet me and she has been trying
to contact my dad for some time via Facebook. However, his name is
kory she has been typing in Cory and had not been able to find him. I
gave her the correct name and helped her find my dad. It was amazing
to see the fruits of my dad's labor after all these years! She kept
saying 26 years it's been 26 years! It was awesome!

Sorry I don't have a lot of time!
Spiritual thought
Ether 12:4

4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a
better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope
cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would
make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being
led to glorify God.
I might have shared this last week I don't remember but I really like
this scripture. I don't have any thoughts behind this expect that I
like it and I hope yall do!

Have a great week!
Love,
Fullme Shimai
Ps currently writing this smushed in a train! So thank full for iPads!






No comments:

Post a Comment