Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 24, 2015 - 2nd transfer

Hi everybody. So guess what, I'm officially a second transfer. I'm
staying in Nishinomiya and my trainer is still my trainer. I am happy
about both those things. Our district stayed pretty much the same
minus one elder going home (this was his last transfer). Our ward is
really tiny right now we any have 3 youth and they are all the
bishop's kids. However, our church is super close to Christian
college. Guess who dendo-s at the college? That's right us! So far
from the college we have found plenty of people who want to hear our
message.

Story time: So we have be teaching Fujinakasan maybe 2 short lessons
now. She goes to the college and she's such a sweet heart. We decided
that we should teach her about the restoration, when we got to Joseph
smith's vision we ended up showing her the restoration video.We
testified about the restoration.. And then my comp.. Bumped me and
passed a note that said "ask her to be baptized". The video finished
and I was kinda freaking out inside. I said a little prayer and asked
her to baptized. She said she would! We haven't set a date ,but I know
that God helped me say what I needed to say to her even though it was
really scary.

Last week we had visited a member ,Sakae shimai. And she seemed kinda
sad ,so we figured that we would bring her some chocolates and heart
attack her door. So we bikes to her house at like 8ish and we were
super quiet because we knew that they were home. So we got to work
sticking hearts all over her door and we saw someone by the door. So
we stopped and waited a minutes. Then we saw the door moving and we
were like "shoot shoot.. Let's hide" so we attempted to hide on the
side of the door. Well sakae shimai's husband walked out and saw and
we scared him pretty good. We were like "shhhh" don't say anything! He
was really funny and said we almost gave him a heart attack... Oh the
irony. So we finished up and headed home. Come Sunday Sakae shimai
came up to us and said thank you and she told us that her husband
pretended not to know about anything ,but he's not a good liar so she
knew! 



I'm sorry but half of my letter got cut off so I figured I'd fill
y'all in. Okay the really pretty picture that I have of the sunset is
my area. We have a less active that lives up on the hill and it's
always really fun to go visit them.

Then there is me. My comp did my hair like a little Dutch girl while
we're were waiting for a less active to come to the church. I liked
it.

Ok we found some funny English on a bike then on this trash can.

Then there is a picture of our relief society. We love love the little
old lady(Nakano shimai) who is sitting on the couch. She has our
heart. She can't really walk because she is 90+ and coming to church
is really difficult. The elders moved the couch into the chapel and
then into the relief society room so she could be comfortable. She is
the happiest kindest woman I have ever met. We all love her so much
and it was a blessing to see her on Sunday.

Spiritual thought:
So lately I've been reading a lot in Romans.

Romans 8
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for
what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
^hope is incredible. Though trials will come our way nothing can ever
get that bad if we always have hope in our hearts. Hope is what gets
us through those tough times.

Romans 8
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can
be against us?
^i love this so much. Nothing else matters is we have god on our side
and despite what we might believe he will always be on our side. He
loves us so much we can't even comprehend it ,so he will always be
there in every stage of our life. It just a matter of are we on his
side? All he asked is to try our very best and follow the footsteps of
Christ and he will lift us if we fall.

Well I hope all of you have a wonderful week. I love all of you!

Love,
Fullmer shimai







No comments:

Post a Comment