Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 4, 2016

March 14, 2016 - Tokyo girl

It's been a crazy week of transfers.. I hate transfers. Well, I just
wish they would tell us more instead of waiting the night before. So
as I said last email transfers have changed from us finding out on
Monday to finding out at some time. Well.. I'm still here in
Takamatsu. Yay! I'm happy about that ,but the stress of not knowing...
やだ‼️(hard pass/no way) anyway. My companion Folkman 姉妹 got shipped
out to Kouchi and I stayed here. My new companion is sister Carr. I
remember when she was trained I was 4th transfer I think? Gosh time
really does fly, doesn't it. For those of you don't know transfers is
how we know how "old" we are. I am considered old now ,but I'm not I'm
only 9th transfer... :0.
Anyway before sister Folkman left, We got to teach a killer lesson on
Wednesday. We met this girl named Haruka on the train and we gave her
a Book of Mormon and she texted us and she told us that she read a
little bit ,so we decided to meet again and talk with her about it.
Initially we were going to talk about the Book of Mormon ,but when we
got there we taught the whole restoration. That was pretty darn
amazing. We taught her about prayer too. My favorite question
she asked was "should I come to church and pray? Would that be
better?" We invited her to come to church ,but she already had plans
on that day ,so next week :) fingers crossed!
Thursday
I was alone. I waved goodbye to Folkman shimai and ran to catch my
train, wiping tears away because parting with companions and members
is beyond hard. I hate goodbyes so much. So I left and got on a train
headed for Marugame. I sat close to this cute girl and struck up a
conversation with her. She lives in Tokyo ,and was going back that day
,so that was a bummer ,but She was so cute! Her name is Hana and she
said I could come hangout with her in Tokyo anytime. I gave her my
email and she said she would email me. And she did! Woo woo!
I met Carr shimai in Marugame and took her back and it felt way weird
to be back without Folkman shimai. Super weird feeling at first. Kinda
like a companion exchange ,but it's been fun.

So our first day together we did a bit of finding. We were biking up
one way and we stopped this girl in a Kimono to get a picture with
her. We ended up teaching her a bit about God, she said that she would
be more than willing to meet again and we got her information ,so
sometime this week we might meet with her. Her name is Sakiko! We have
a shopping mall. Like an outlet and we let to go up and down there and
find people and everyone was just shutting us down hardcore. I saw
another girl getting ignored hardcore too she was handing out fliers
for a  restaurant and so I thought maybe it would be cool to talk to
her. As we walked over a woman hardcore told her no thanks. And I said
to her "I saw you get ignored.. I feel for you people ignore us too.
Are you okay? That's way rough.." She smiled back and said "ya. It's
not fun, but I'm tough so it's okay" we talked to her for sometime and
then ended up talking about God. She had a lot of interest and she
said we could come by the shop anytime and we could talk about our
message. We got her information too. By the end of the night we had a
couple of numbers and we had ended up teaching a lot of lessons. It
was so cool!
Lately I've been pretty tired, but like a good tired. You know when
you feel like you've accomplished something or you are doing something
great? Ya that kind of tired.

Amazing quote I read:
"When we truly understand what it means to love as Jesus Christ loves
us, the confusion clears and our priorities align. Our walk as
disciples of Christ becomes more joyful. Our lives take on new
meaning. Our relationship with our Heavenly Father becomes more
profound. Obedience becomes a joy rather than a burden." (The Love of
God, Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
 I have no profound thoughts this week. Just love Jesus and be happy.
😍 love you guys!

Love,
Sister Fullmer


No comments:

Post a Comment