Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 28, 2015

Dec. 27, 2015 - Happy holidays!





Hello all! Merry Christmas! And happy new year too!

I've been reflecting a lot because the year is coming to and end and
I've been thinking a lot about this year. Sometimes is feels like
yesterday when I waved at my parents and boarded a plane for the Mtc.
It felt so fast. It's still feels fast. See the crazy thing about time
as a missionary is that it is fast ,but at the same time slow. They
say the days feel like weeks and the weeks like days. This is so true
,and the months feel even faster sometimes.

This past week was full of busy days and lots of train rides. I think
I was the most tired this week because we were always going to places.
This past Monday we went to nishiwaki and hiked a small mountain but
according to my companion it was hill. Ha! And when we got to the top
we talked about love and how we are going to focus on the youth, it
was so good ,but man I was exhausted. We had to go 3 hours by train to
get there ,so by 2ish we had to run down the mountain to catch our
train. I was covered in mud and completely exhausted by the time we
got home. I think I fell asleep ,but I'm not entirely sure. I don't
really remember the ride back.

We baked cookies for the Christmas party. Gosh not a good idea. Our
oven is a microwave that converts into a oven, we could only cook 3 at
a time.. Not fun. We finished the next morning. We made cookies
because one of the activies was to frost sugar cookies and decorate
them. I wish I could tell you how surprised everyone was when they saw
the frosting. They kept asking is this food? They were shocked because
the colors where so bright , they thought it wasn't real food. So they
don't have frosting here and so frosting is scary and also way way too
sweet, towards the end of the frosting of the cookies people just ate
the cookies the way they were because without frosting "it tasted
better" but the point was to frost them! After the party, we headed to
Kobe for our Christmas meeting with all the other missionaries. Which
was the funniest ever. I got to see one of my old companions and some
other missionaries I knew. We played sports in the morning ,ate lunch.
Tacos! We had tacos I didn't know how much I missed mexican-ish food
well Americanized Mexican food until i got to a place that doesn't
like Mexican food.

Okay funny thing, so because I am not blonde and blue eyed to Japanese
people I am not American. They see my companion and say oh she's
American and then they see me and say Mexican? Everyone thinks I'm
from Mexico. So the joke in the mission is that I'm from Mexico ,so
when we were having tacos a lot of people  kept saying "ah this
reminds of you of home huh?" So call me hermana Fullmer! Actually one
member is totally convinced I'm from Mexico. I haven't told her I'm
not yet ,so ya.. I think I'm not going to tell her.. It's too funny!

So yesterday, I went over to ask a member of we could set up an
appointment with her, her husband is less active and she doesn't
really like him. She asked me if spiritual stuff or love is more
important to share. I thought about it for a bit and I told her that
the gospel is love and that the commandment that Jesus gave us was to
love our brother. She said she knew ,but that it was hard because he
is kinda cold. I told her that when we do things through love that
people's hearts soften. I shared this scripture with her and she loved
it.

 1 John 2:10-11
10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none
occasion of stumbling in him.
11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in
darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath
blinded his eyes.

^ you cannot force people to change. They will change through love,
the only way people will change is through love. If we love people,
that light of Christ that burns within us will burn brighter and touch
more people's lives. So spread the love and reach out to those in
need!

Love all of you!
Love,
Fullmer shimai



No comments:

Post a Comment