Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 21, 2015

Dec. 21, 2015

Dear all back home!

Wow this week flew by. So transfers came and went. I'll be in Toyooka for 1 more transfer I think. I'm excited ,but so nervous. It snowed one day this week and I'm not so much Afraid of the snow I'm more afraid of how fast it comes. One minute it was raining and then it changed to this beautiful snow blizzard. I can't saw I love blizzards but boy they are beautiful! 

This week we seemed to be teaching a lot of children. I've heard once that children can recognize that we are disciples of Christ so they know we are different. When we were out finding earlier this week, we were at this neighborhood and we saw a group of six kid and so I said hello to them and they all came to us and we talked to them. I asked them if they knew the true meaning of Christmas and this little 5 year old boy said "yes" so I asked him well what is it? And he got really quiet and nervous, luckily the 11 year old in the group said "Jesus's birth right!" Turns out she was taught by the missionaries a year ago well at least her family was. She wanted us to come to her house because she loved the elders that visited her. She told me that one elder was Brazilian and then she didn't remember the other one I have a hunch that it might be an elder I served with in my first transfer. So cool. 

I believe in miracles I believe that God provides miracles for his missionaries. Though often they seem small and we might not even see them at all they are there ,but I saw one this week. We were on our way to visit an investigator. And we went by this house and I saw someone in the window putting something up in the window,so I said hey let's stop there ,so we did. Turns out we found the house of one of the kids we taught before. 3 little girls answered the door ,and we talked to them. We taught them how to pray and we said a prayer with them. One little girl said wow I really feel good. It was so cool to find and teach them. I have so much faith for them although I don't know the future I know it's so good. In all things there is good and bad ,but if we have faith in God and a belief in our savior, we can overcome anything. I know that this is true. I know that this is Jesus Christ's true church on the earth. 

I found this story in a talk by president Thomas s monson "see others as they can become" 

During the 1940s and 1950s, an American prison warden, Clinton Duffy, was well known for his efforts to rehabilitate the men in his prison. Said one critic, “You should know that leopards don’t change their spots!” Replied Warden Duffy, “You should know I don’t work with leopards. I work with men, and men change every day.”

Through Jesus Christ we can change . Any bad habit, characteristic, mistake we can change and fix through the atonement. I know that anyone can change. And if you follow Jesus Christ you will change for the better. Life is not meant to be easy ,but we are not meant to suffer until we die. God wants us to be happy , and you know what we can be happy and rejoice because of one thing. We have a savior! He lives. He was born and he died for you and for me. He loves us with an  incredible incomprehensible love and he died for us. He died so we can be clean and move on from the past. It's amazing. So amazing. Please let Jesus Christ into your life and I promise you will never be the same. 

Love always,
Fullmer shimai 

No comments:

Post a Comment