Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015

Hey hey everyone
THis week was pretty busy. We are still shooting for more lessons and slowly our numbers are getting closer!

Monday: so every Monday we have FHE (family home evening) with at the church with some of our young single adults. Usually it's us and the elders and we share a spiritual thought and do some kind of game or activity. This week the elders were in different areas because they are zone leaders ,so the turn out for FHE was us and two people. Yoko and tatsunori. So we wanted to focus on god's love and we were going to go out and try to give people these hearts we had made and have yoko and tatsunori do it too. So we showed them a video on god's love and we were going to let them know what we wanted to do. However we finished the video and tatsunori said "I want to be a dad! I want to be a dad!" He really wants to get married and have kids, but right now he's not dating anyone right now and he's super busy with his job. So our FHE turned into girl talk about marriage. It was so funny. 

Recently it's been getting colder. That kinda scares me because the members show me pictures of snow covering cars and they always joke that I'm just going to freeze. But it will be a new experience that's for sure! 

Saturday/ Sunday: so we got to watch general conference this week. General conference was amazing. I can't pick one talk that I loved but I heard quite a bit that I thought was so good. I am incredibly thankful that we have leaders in our church today that can give us guidance and answer questions we have. One incredibly powerful talk that hit me so hard was "Behold thy Mother" by Jeffery R. Holland. In it he said  "no love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child." Isn't that amazing. I've never really thought of that before. I've never thought of the sacrifice that my mother gave in raising me and the pure love she has for me and my siblings. All during the talk I thought of the times that she comforted me and helped me and a just made me want to call home. But of course I can't do that. It took me a bit to recollect myself ,but it helped me too. I wanted to go find people to teach so I could teach them about this pure love. 

I feel like I always come back to love in my emails. I just think that the church is all about love. God loves us so he sent his son to atone for our sins and to bare us up when we fall. Jesus Christ loves us with a perfect love so he willingly suffered our pains. I feel like as a missionary all I am really doing is sharing god's love. Well at least attempting to I'm sure I could do better ,but I'm trying to share the love. They tell you as a young missionary to just share your love with people even if you can't speak the language. I used to wonder "how do I share love if I can't speak this language?!" I've learned that people all speak the same language of love even if we are different. People want to feel and be loved. It's just a normal thing ,so finally figuring that out made it so much easier to love people around me. Someone slams a door in my face.. That's fine.. There are still a child of God so I love them. Easy huh? Well sometimes hard ,but when you figure out how to see people how God sees them it becomes a whole lot easier. I'm not saying I know how to perfectly love people and how share love ,but I'm figuring it out. 

Well I hope you have a great week everyone! I love you!

Love,
Fullmer shimai






No comments:

Post a Comment