Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015 - My missionary life

Hey all!

So this week was full of miracles!

We have been so busy and just been working hard to teach people and find new people. We were doing pretty well with being able to teach people. We got to Sunday and it seemed that we were still below our goal. We wanted to teach just a few more lessons. Well Sunday morning we woke up and Gibson shimai was as sick as a dog. All the color was drained Sent from my iPad

We went out in this new area really far from where we usually go and we tried to talk to some new people. We had no luck with that. We went back up to the pretty busy area and we walked up the street because we felt like we should. We walked for a bit and we saw this guy walking his dog and we were like "woah we know him!" And we waved at him. We had met him before and so he recognized us. He waved back and picked up his dog and ran across the street (dodging cars) to talk to us. He walked over and we started teaching him and invited him to come to church next week. 

Later Sunday evening we decided to go visit this girl who had previously wanted to go baptized. We showed up at her house at about 7:45 and she wasn't home ,but her mother and father were. So we asked them if we could sing a Hymn to them. They were a little confused ,but they said sure. It was cold out so they invited in to their door way. We walked it and pulled up the song book on our iPads. The song we picked was "I am a child of God". The lyrics go like this:

301
I Am a Child of God
1.I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
2.I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
3.I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I’ll live with him once more.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
After we had finished singing, the husband wanted to read the lyrics again. So we let him, he didn't say much ,but he turned to his 10 year old daughter on his left side and said "you are a child of God". It was the coolest moment of my mission to see this love in this family. At that moment I could see this family all in white. There we were in this family's home they are kneeling and singing "I am a child of God" with this sweet family and I could just see them all in white getting baptized. I've never felt such a pure happiness in my life. 

Nephi 11:17, 22-23
17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.

I don't know a lot but I do know that God loves us his children, and his love is something we should want above all things. I promise if you feel that love that you will never be the same. It's awesome! I love all of you! Stay happy! And keep being awesome people!

Love,
Fullmer shimai 










No comments:

Post a Comment