Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 26, 2015 - My mission


Hello all! Don't worry this week I didn't fall or anything. It's been
a fun week. We spent a lot of the week putting our areabook records
into the iPads. I felt like I've learned a lot more about our
investigators and members because I've read all of the their teaching
records. I had my first kokan (split). I got to spend 24 hours with
one of the training sister leaders. We went to the train station and
split up there and I left my companion and headed to Kobe for the day.
It's only like 30 minutes by train from Nishinomiya. I was paired with
sister Lawson. She is way good at Japanese. I can't even understand
what she says when she talks! She's half Japanese so she already knew
the language when she came out here. So we spent most of the day
contacting because I'm not very good at it. It was definitely
difficult. I can pretty much say hello and ask someone how there doing
then after that I kinda just freeze up. Sister Lawson taught me how to
fix this problem and how to just start conversations with people. We
got a couple of numbers and names ,so I think I that it went well.
After that we had a lesson with a woman named Lisa. She is a really
sweet lady. She's Chinese and she doesn't really like Japan. She hates
when people try to talk to her in Japanese. Her English is really
good. We talked to her for 2ish hours, the woman can talk! The next
day we had zone conference and it was way cool. We got a lot of iPad
training and then President Welch would put his spiritual thoughts in
there. It was like a reunion for all the old missionaries ,but then
there's the baby missionaries like me who just kinda sit there
thinking "I have no idea who any of these people are and I have no
idea what's going on."I met A LOT of new people (everyone except my
trainer and sister Smith from the MTC).

Story time:
So we have this huge bikes called a mamachadi. They are really heavy
and they have no springs so often times you get headaches when you ride
them. They are really hard to get up hills and just overall these are big
honking things. Guess who broke one. Yup.. I successfully destroyed my
monster of a bike. I was going up hill and I don't really know how it
happened but I broke the axel of my back tire. My trainer was leading
the way and I hollered at her, " I think something's wrong." We checked
out my bike and lo and behold the tire is just hanging there. We
walked the rest of the way home (with the bike). The next day the
elders let me borrow an extra bike that they have. The only problem is
I'm not too tall. The elders' extra bike is twice as heavy and a
raised bike for tall people. My legs couldn't reach the pedals. I felt
like a little baby in a high chair just dangling my feet. It's fine
now we figured out how to fix the metal monster.

Spiritual thought:
Moses 1:39
"For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the
immortality and eternal life of man."
- even though sometimes we don't know why somethings happen or why
they don't happen we can always trust that God has a plan.  If we just
look at everything around us we can see his hand and realize that He
has a purpose for us and that is for us to be happy and to be able to
live with him again.

I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Fullmer shimai




No comments:

Post a Comment