Email address: lauren.fullmer@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015 - 2nd week in Japan


Hello all! It's been a fun 2nd week in Japan. It's been pretty rainy all week. Which is not the funniest ,but that's alright. Ok some of you know that I'm not exactly graceful... This week I've been especially less graceful. Sometimes I keep count of the things I run into, fall into, etc. This week there was 5 things I hit or fell into. 
1- I ran into a pole 
2- I fell into the gutter 
3- I fell down the stairs 
4- I ran into my companion and almost took her down with me 
5- I ran into another pole 
I keep count because I know that I'm probably going to do it again. I only have scratches and bruises ,so I'm fine. Sometimes I'm just a goof and I hit things. 

Story time: 
Sometimes we go housing which we call ping-pong(ing). Japanese people have little speaker boxes and sometimes cameras outside their house so instead of ringing adoor bell we ping pong. Usually we don't even see people and have whole conversations through the speakers. Anyways, ping ponging is usually a hit or a miss we either have really successful days or none. This particular day we weren't having any success and we were kinda getting a little discouraged. However, we decided to keep going because eventually someone had to listen to us. A girl with her dog ran by and we said hello and continued walking. We kinda watched her run down the street and the dog just sat in the road. No matter how hard she pulled and tugged he wouldn't budge. My companion and I decided that maybe we should go talk to her. So we did it turns out she is a college student at the college right next to our church. Her name is Nozomi and she's 21 years old and a devout Christian. We showed her the Book of Mormon and she seemed really excited about it. We gave it to her and told her that it was a gift. She gladly took and said she was going to read it. After we finished talking to her, her dog decided that it was good to go and started trying to get going.The whole experience was just so cool! 

This past Sunday I had to give a 5 minute talk in church. In Japanese. I don't think I'll ever complain about giving a talk ever again. I was so nervous and I could barely say anything. I'm also 90% sure that I said that, "Jesus is God's bean paste" when I really meant to say, "Jesus is God's son". Oh well it happens. 

Spiritual thought: 
John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 
^ if we really have a deep love for God we will follow all of his commandments even though sometimes we don't understand them or want to follow them. Obedience is an act of love. 

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all! 

Love, 
Fullmer shimai 



No comments:

Post a Comment